Saturday, May 16, 2020

Bulletin for Sunday, May 17th

First Day of the Week Service!  Sorry that I did not share bulletin for last Sunday. We had a technological snafu because of the snow on my computer (long story) and I did not end up recording the service properly (turned off the computer accidentally).  Anyway, here is the bulletin for tomorrow!  God bless!

Call to Worship (Psalm 18)
L: For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God
P: The God who girded me with strength, and made my way safe
L: He made my feet like hinds feet and set me secure on the heights
P: He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  Thou hast given me the shield of thy salvation and thy right hand supported me and thy gentleness made me great.

Praise Songs: #117 We Will Glorify,  #51 Beloved

Prayer of Invocation: Dear Lord Jesus, you say to us, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me,” and we answer thee, “O Jesus, thy father’s son, come in, blessed of the Lord!” Amen.

Prayer of Confession: Lord God you are generous, tenderhearted, fearless. You gave your only begotten son, the lamb of God, taking away the sins of the world, "the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men.'' Father, forgive us for the many times we have turned our backs on you, denying the truth. Forgive us for the ways we have given in to fear. Help us to keep our eyes on the pioneer and perfecter of the faith, Jesus our savior. Comfort us, renew our hearts by thy Holy Spirit. Teach us thy way. Amen.

Assurance of Pardon:  May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy. Give thanks to the Father who has given you a share in the inheritance of the saints in light.  He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son.
P: In him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 106, Colossians 1:15-29
Sermon: The unseen God

Hymns #25 Immortal, Invisible, #60 Morning Has Broken

Announcements: Know someone who is in need of an AA meeting? A list of virtual meetings as well as instructions on how to access the meetings can be found at www.district05.org.  If you wish to speak to a recovered member of Alcoholics Anonymous from the Chippewa Valley, please contact their 24-hour hotline at 715-835-5543. Feel free to reach out with any questions at pi@district05.org

The Red Wing School district is looking for volunteers to help students as they pick up lunches during the day.
Go to Sign-Up Genius online if interested.

Ellsworth’s Session will meet this Wednesday at 6 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment