Sunday, May 24, 2020

Bulletin for First Day Service, Sunday, May 24th

See You Soon!

Call to Worship (Psalm 51) 
 L: Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow.
P: Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
L: Hide your face from my sins and blot our all my iniquity.
P: Create in me an pure heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
L: Do not cast me away from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
P: Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.

Prayer of Invocation: Dear Lord Jesus, you say to us, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me,” and we answer thee, “O Jesus, thy father’s son, come in, blessed of the Lord!” Amen.

Praise Song: #561 We Gather Together

Prayer of Confession:Almighty God, you gave the Lord Jesus, our “Leader Triumphant.”  He goes before us, leading us in the Way. In the darkness he is the light shining. We say with the thief on the cross, “Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Remember us, O Lord this day.  We pray for the forgiveness of our sins and renewal through the Holy Spirit, that right now we might be part of the restoration that is to come. We pray that we would be released from the spirit of fear and anxiety, and that instead we might have fearless hearts just like yours. Abba, Father, we are sorry for all that we have done to grieve you. We are caught in a prison house. But you set the captive free.  We pray that we might be the free people that we truly are in Jesus Anointed. Amen.

Assurance of Pardon: Our Lord said, “Come unto me all ye that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.” The saying is sure and worthy of full acceptance, that Anointed Jesus came into the world to save sinners.  He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, that we might be dead to sin, and alive to all that is good.   Hear the good news.
P: In Jesus Anointed we are forgiven. Amen.

Scripture: Psalm 107, Colossians 2
Sermon:  That they might be encouraged

Hymns #575 Eternal Father, Strong to Save, #572 America, the Beautiful

Announcements: Community Meal will continue this Wednesday in a slightly different form. Farhad Kosari has offered to buy Subway sandwiches or salads to the first 10-15 who call the manse before 4 pm on Wednesday June 10th.

First Presbyterian’s congregation will be meeting in the church building again on Sunday, June 7th and we will be celebrating communion. Please see the letter that the session has sent out regarding the building’s opening. God bless you all and hope to see you there!

Laurel’s session meets to discuss the opening of the building at Hager City. Please stay tuned for more information.

 A message from Pastor Amy: Listening to NPR on Thursday, I learned that all telephone and texting scams are on the rise.  Some scam artist are pretending to be contact tracers and public health officials. Please be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment