Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sunday, April 12th Service

Call to Worship (Isaiah 42)
L: Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen in whom my soul delights
P: I have put my spirit upon him, he will bring forth justice to the nations
L: He will not cry or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street
P: A bruised reed he shall not break and a dimly burning wick he shall not quench.
L: He will faithfully bring forth justice
P: He will not fail or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth, and the coastlands wait for his law

Prayer of Invocation: Dear Lord Jesus, you say to us, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me,” and we answer thee, “O Jesus, thy father’s son, come in, blessed of the Lord!” Amen.

Prayer of Confession: Eternal God in whom we live and move and have our being, your face is hidden from us by our sins, and we forget your mercy in the blindness of our hearts.  Cleanse us from all our offenses; deliver us from arrogant thoughts and vain desires. With humility and openness let us draw near to you, confessing our faults, confiding in your grace, and finding in you our refuge and our strength. In Jesus’ name.  Amen.

Assurance of Pardon:  Jesus said, “If any one thirst, let him come to me and drink,” and “whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst; the water that I shall give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters. Come, buy, without money and without price. As John said, “Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.” Hear the good news.

 P:In Jesus Anointed we are forgiven. Amen

Scripture: Psalm 102, Philippians 2
Sermon: Our Living Lord


Hymns: #226 The Day of Resurrection, #344 He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands

Announcements: Laurel’s session meeting April 15th at 6:30 will be rescheduled.

Prayer Chain: Please pray for Eleanor Oltman, for Susan Lafferty that she not have bleeding in her gums because of the immuno-toxins, for Sara and Laura, for Bill Baker, for those in ICU units, for wisdom and compassion among hospital staff as they learn about the virus and how it attacks the blood. Prayers for Presbytery

No comments:

Post a Comment